Monday, February 4, 2008

Thing 6 - Image generators

This is so much fun. I'm brainstorming an inservice class for staff. I see the biggest issue dealing with the coding. Creating the graphics is so easy and fun.
This note I'll use to prompt kids to write the due date in their library books.








Many of our classes do a unit on Martin Luther King, Jr. I could see the kids using the trading cards to create short bios on other famous people.






Okay, this one is probably a little silly, but most of the people at work seem to know how to motivate me:















I tried using fototrix.com and ran into some difficulties. I use Firefox, which has some great add-ons. Fototrix, however, doesn't want to play nice with Firefox, even though it recommends the browser. I could not get Firefox to accept the pop-ups that fototrix requires. I used IE7 instead, and that worked fine.

Good thing to know, though. It probably won't be an issue at work, but I will need to go through each site to make sure it's not blocked. I've noticed that several linked photos I have on my blog are blocked at work.

Just for good measure, this is from the selections on fototrix:

No comments: