Saturday, March 1, 2008

Thing 22 - Keeping Up!

So, committing to 15 minutes a day reading through blogs and watching videos to keep up? Not a problem (unfortunately??? Online Anonymous anyone? I find it highly ironic that there are so many online resources for online addiction...join their blog!!)

My issue would be actually signing up and trying the resources. I mentioned previously that I started to get "Register-Fever" after awhile. I've been monitoring my junk mail a lot during this project, and haven't noticed a larger influx of crud. That's a good sign. I also didn't take any of the surveys for cash in Second Life, either. That may be a wise move.

I feel a bit overwhelmed by all the accounts I have bookmarked, so I did do some major overhauling. I also put some links on del.icio.us. I like using that service quite a bit. I've already referred back to a few articles, and they were easy to find.

I'm also going to commit to teaching a summer inservice for staff on many of these resources. That will challenge me to really understand their use and features.

I bookmarked several of the sites listed on the Think 22 assignment page. I also created an Open ID with a Firefox extension that allows me to sign into sites with one password. Very cool.

Here are a few more I found:

Go2Web
I know this one is listed but TOO COOL.

You Suck at Photoshop
Yes, probably a tad off-putting for school, but I have learned a TON about Photoshop from these tutorials.

Technorati Tech
The latest tech chatter, and hugely popular site which tracks millions of blogs.

Technology Review

Kind of heady stuff, but I added the IT section to my RSS feeder

No comments: