Saturday, March 1, 2008

Thing 23 - The End!

This was a cool project. I had used many of the Things, but this project forced me to dig deeper. I am plannning on teaching a summer class (I think I'll call it 10 Things) for our staff. I'm going to use this as a guide.

I want to create more online access points for our students. I have the bones in place now. I'll just have to tweek and get these things publicized.

I have only learned to love blogging even more. I was thinking I'd delete this blog after the project, but now I'm excited to use it for teacher inservices and for teachers to use as a reference with students. My favorite Things would have to be the ELM resources, del.icio.us, all the image sites and the Zoho apps. I'm using all of these things quite a bit now.

I didn't connect with other 23 Thing folks as much as I would have liked. I put some calls out there on some sites, but didn't get any hits. I wish there were a requirement of some sort to start chatting with others!

I think my greatest "aha" came with the ELM resources. I'm still impressed that they are so full-featured and easy to use. I'm going to push them hard next year.

I mentioned previously that it would be nice to have some kind of required chatting place. It would have been cool to use a board for commenting, with a requirement to post.

I would certainly participate in a 23 Things program again.

Let's see, one sentence about my learning experience? Hmmm...Get Movin' on the Web? Or - Sucking your Time Dry Without Noticing the Time Fly By?

Thanks so much for those who put this program together. It was great!!

2 comments:

Alice said...

I agree with your requirement of some sort to chat with others. This is about social networking, yet I felt that I was often doing this alone. The collaboration tools or whatever would be good to get us talking!

GGalles said...

I'd like to do something with teachers in our district also. Seems like it should be worth some professional development hours for those who finish. I think we could start some conversations that others would overhear. I just started a wiki project with a class this morning. We've had a few unintentional edits, but the students think it is kind of cool.

Congratulations on finishing.